Wednesday, February 8, 2012

A note to my family.

This blog post is called a note to my family, because that's what it is. For those of you who don't know us, I can break it down for you real quick 1) There are A LOT of us. Meaning if I tried to list them, you wold get tired. 2) We are Italian, so we talk loudly and with great use of our hands. If there is something on someones mind.... it will be said 3) Every single person has their own bit of insanity. 


With that being said, I have, well let me count... 13 first cousins? plus my brother, sister, and I that's 15. Yeah I know. Crazy! Obviously I don't get to see all of them everyday (or as much as I would like) because we are all at VERY different phases of our lives. I'm pretty sure the age range is like 26 to in the womb. So clearly we each have different priorities. However, I can't help but think I am missing them grow up. When I was a kid there were 7 grand kids and we were all best friends, but now the younger ones have their own group and they are all best friends. :) Its great. Us older guys get to play the big kid, role model roles. Which brought me to this post... that is supposed to be a list for my family, but has somehow turned into me rambling like always. 


A list for the special little one's (the things you need to know):
1) We are blessed. We have something very special in each other that makes us different and unique. Don't let that go to waste. Confide in your family, because we are lucky to have each other.
2) If you need advice, I'm a good listener. I may not have advice you agree with, but I will be happy to share what has (and has not) worked for me. 
3) Find what you love, and do it. Everyday! Everyone may not share the same interest, but If you want to go to clown college, I will be right there cheering you on as you ride a unicycle in the local parade. 
4) Everyone is different. Everyone was put on this earth to serve a purpose. Find yours. Don't EVER let anyone distract you from it. 
5) Everyone makes mistakes, but the worst mistake you can make is holding it in. Don't beat yourself up, make sure you tell someone. Always share whats bothering you.
6) (This goes great with #5) SPEAK YOUR MIND. If something doesn't sound/feel/look right... say it. If you have a question... ask it. Don't ever be afraid to use your words. 
7) Find someone who will treat you with the respect you deserve (and you deserve a lot!). Because life is too short to settle. 
8) You ARE beautiful/Handsome. Don't even question it. Don't hide it with ton of makeup (I'm speaking from experience). Don't compare yourselves to others. You are the only YOU and you are perfect.
9)My last and final piece of advice is a simple two words that I think most people forget... Be humble. We often take for granted what we have. Don't do that. Walk with your head held high, and with thanks in your heart. And forever know that you have a team of people cheering you on. 


That's all I have to say for now. I know its not my usual craziness, but I wanted to get all mushy in time for Valentine's Day. 

1 comment:

  1. I hav e a lot for than 26 first cousing. A lot more. I am Mexican. We (not me) like to breed.

    ReplyDelete