Monday, November 28, 2011

Bask in this, because it doesn't happen often.

Ummm Hi blog world. its me.It's the sick girl (again) reporting from her bed. 
I'm recovering from an awesome Thanksgiving that I ate FAR too much at. Being from an Italian family always has it's perks, such as Thanksgiving lasagna's. That's right. As always, it was fantastic.
Just a few of my cousins on Thanksgiving :)


My last post told you about the upcoming change in my life, which has now finally started to sink it's way into my brain. Since that day I have talked to A LOT of people, I mean a lot. My phone never shuts up... like ever. I wanted to address some things in this post.... I'm 21. I'm sure that's what your thinking right? We can just come out in the open and say it, it wont hurt my feelings. 21 is young. As much as I complain about how old I am, I am still at the peek of my young life. The time where I should "explore and have exciting adventures". 


You're right. I should. And I do.... Everyday. I consider everyday an adventure, I'm getting an education that some people don't get the chance to have. I have goals for myself that I reach each day. I spend time with my friends. I spend time with my family. I spend time with Eric's family. I appreciate sunsets, and sunrises(If I must). I listen to music that has meaning. The boys I watch have smiles that brighten my day. I take walks. I also have a fantastic guy in my life who treats me right.


Your right, I'm 21. But that doesn't mean I'm not mature enough to realize my goals.


 My family and I used to joke that I was going to be "the dog lady" because I never wanted to get married. I would tell my grandmother that I didn't want kids. I was going to marry myself. You think I'm kidding? Ask them. When I met Eric a lot changed. The first thing I noticed was that I was lucky and happier then I've ever been. Not many people at age 18 could say they met someone that changed the outlook of their future. I did. It doesn't take much to know that you met the love of your life. Some people notice it with the boy next door, at age 10. Some people notice at age 45, with a man in their office. I happen to notice mine, after meeting him at school. It took far too long for me to date Eric, because I was an emotional mess. He didn't deserve that. And when he asked me to marry him, I wasn't going to leave him hanging again. Not only am I NOT an emotional mess, I realize just how happy I am.


Most of the people reading this have met him a few times, and some have only seen him through pictures on this page. You haven't gotten to see the emotions that we experience with each other firsthand, but I am sure that you know the feelings, and that you have experienced it before.


Eric and I fight, not often.. but we do. In fact a few days before he proposed we were in the biggest fight of our relationship. After he proposed I said "We were just in the biggest fight of our relationship!" and he said "If that's the biggest fight we have had, I think I'm pretty lucky". It's days like that I love him most. Even when we fight, he says something that takes my breath away.


For those of you who are worried, don't be. I have an amazing family and I have learned some of the best examples from you :)


-----My next post will be back to my normal crazy ranting shit, but this week I was feeling all "EMOTIONAL" bask in it, because it doesn't happen often.

No comments:

Post a Comment