Sunday, September 4, 2011

A Post For The Mom's

In honor of my moms birthday (tomorrow), I decided to dedicate one of my posts to how crazy she is. My mom and I have an awesome relationship, mostly because we intentionally make fun of each other, bicker with each other, and occasionally pull awesome tricks on each other. Anyway, She is the kind of mom who loves double standards, and I know all you moms out there are like "well we can do what we want because we are MOMS and 27 hours of agonizing labor has given us that right" and I'm not disagreeing with you (mostly because I don't want you all to gang up on me with some serious angry mob mom mentality). But what I'm saying is that you say one thing, and totally mean another thing. Or worse, you say one thing but that rule doesn't apply to you. Don't worry, I plan to show you a few examples of just what I mean.


Mom: Don't leave the house with your hair wet! You are gonna get Pneumonia!

  • However, My mom takes a 4 minute shower and is out the door with a wet head like 80% of the time. 


  • If your curious, she has never had pneumonia. Obviously parents can't get pneumonia. I guess when I have children I can start threatening them with horrible sicknesses, until then I'm shit outta luck. 
Mom: Casey Don't talk to me while I'm on the phone! It's rude!

  • However my mom can call me on my cell and it goes something like this:

Mom: Oh yeah (background noise) Thanks for doing that (someone talks to her) Yeah I will be home soon (she answers someones question) Ok no I gotta go now bye. 

  • I'm pretty convinced she was at a rave, it seemed like a lot of noise for "work"
Mom: Your room is disgusting. Look at that mess in there. Do you ever clean it?

  • However, the clutter she hides under her bed is now coming out the sides. Her trash is taller than her computer desk, and the trunk of her car (she likes to call it her "office") has things she probably hasn't seen since before I was born. :)

Now, some of you may think I'm judging my mom. Don't worry I am not here to judge. I swear like a sailor some days, I procrastinate, and yes my room does need to be organized. What I'm trying to get at with this post is: I cannot wait to have a kid! I'm gonna drive it just as crazy as my mom drives me! 

Happy Birthday Mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment